Father’s Day is this Sunday. I figured it would be a good time to talk about some fathers in my life.
I have had the good fortune of having several excellent father figures in my life. Each have left a lasting impression on my character.
A few things my Dad taught me:
- Be a good provider for your family
- Always give 100% effort in whatever you do
- Never give-up, if it doesn’t work one way, maybe there’s another solution
- How to love others
- Be disciplined
- Loyalty no matter what
A few things my Dad’s Dad taught me:
- Have a hobby you can escape to
- Important things take time
- Be patient, good things come to those who wait 🙂
- Enjoy your garden
A few things my Mom’s Dad taught me:
- Always keep your mind active
- Never stop learning
- Vision can become reality
- If you try you can do it
As a father and scout leader, I frequently consider what advice to shared with my kids and other youth.
A few things I have taught my kids:
- Love God
- Love Others
- Love Yourself
- Treat everyone with respect
- Be patient
- Take responsibility for your actions. Don’t blame other people for your problems.
- You need a vision, know your destination before you start.
- Finish what you start
Maybe you have a father figure in your life who has been an inspiration. Share with us here.