Software Engineer with extensive experience developing products for diverse applications including software for Windows, Windows Mobile and PalmOS still being sold in the current market. Extensive diagnostic and analytical skills, with a keen ability to communicate effectively, express technical concepts clearly, and make outstanding presentations. Willing to commute.
- Software Development Life Cycle: Analysis, Design, Specification, Implementation, Verification, Deployment, and Maintenance.
- Computer Languages: C, C++, Visual C++, Visual BASIC, VB.NET, Assembly Language, and ASP.NET.
- Platforms: Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux, Palm OS, and Windows Mobile.
- Software: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), Visio, MS Project, SolidWorks, and OpenOffice.
- Networking: TCP/IP, Wireless 802.11b, DNS, and DHCP.
Technical Advisor, Professional Resource Network, Manteca, CA 2009 –Present
- Technical Support
- Support staff and members resolve hardware/software technical issues.
- Provide help with audio/visual equipment for presentations.
- Web Support
- Installation and maintenance of WordPress Content Management System
- Customization and maintenance of Content Management System.
- Research & Training
- Research Web 2.0 technologies and their use for members
- Develop & Present Training Materials – “Personal Marketing Workshops”
Test Engineer, Robert Half Technology, Sacramento, CA 2008 – 2009
- Assembled Bed of Nails PCB Assembly test fixtures; assemble & debug tester I/O board.
- Updated Tester Software to work with new Bed of Nails PCB Assembly Test fixture.
- Developed software utilities to help analyze data for hardware anomalies.
- Fabricated Bed of Nails PCB Assembly test modules for entire XD product line.
- Worked with third-party vendors to fabricate pin boards; assembled target board pin board PCBs.
- Used SolidWorks to specify clamp board and pin board fabrication; dimensions, routing, hole sizes, and positioning.
Sr. Software Engineer, Pharmacist’s Letter, Stockton, CA 2003 – 2008
- Designed and developed four PDA products for Palm and PocketPC platforms:
- Prescriber’s Letter (offline newsletter reader) – www.prescribersletter.com/pda.aspx
- Pharmacist’s Letter (offline newsletter reader) – www.pharmacistsletter.com/pda.aspx
- Ident-A-Drug (offline visual drug database) – www.identadrug.com/pda.aspx
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database – www.naturaldatabase.com/pda.aspx
- Improved software installation process resulting in 90% greater customer satisfaction.
- Developed software protection mechanism that allowed company to promote software at conventions and increase sale conversions when demonstration period expired.
Sr. Software/Firmware Engineer, PNI Sensor Corp, Santa Rosa, CA 1997 – 2003
- Designed and implemented firmware for OEM hardware still in use today.
- Vector 2xe Development kit (v2xe & Commboard) – www.pnicorp.com/products/all/v2xe
- Designed and implemented firmware for several handheld Consumer Electronics devices.
- Suggested LCD layout method that resulted in reduced software development time and improved overall firmware efficiency.
Sr. Software/Firmware Engineer, Apple Computer, Cupertino, CA 1993 – 1997
Sr. Software/Firmware Engineer CPU Diagnostics Group 1996 – 1997
- Power Macintosh – Developed software/firmware diagnostics to verify prototype hardware.
Software/Firmware Engineer, CPU Group 1995 – 1996
- Power Macintosh – Developed asynchronous DMA LocalTalk driver that utilized latest Apple DMA ASIC called Grand Central. Used in 2nd generation PowerPC Macintosh.
Software/Firmware Engineer, Apple II group 1993 – 1995
- Power Macintosh LC – Developed Apple IIe Network card emulator. A virtual network card for Apple IIe PDS product. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIe_Card
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Associate of Science in Business Data Processing, Los Angeles Harbor College, Wilmington, CA
Training: Computer programming, Software testing methodology, UNIX programming courses