A picture is worth a thousand words. This picture comes to life with the simple truth about why some people’s networks are growing like crazy while others are not doing so well.
Thanks to Chris Brogan for the inspirational post Cultivate an Active Network. Thanks also to Mark Smiciklas for the graphic representation of 5 Ways to Cultivate an Active Social Network. Finally thanks to the Creative Commons for making it easier for us to share information with our Social Networks.
Why your involvement with your Social Network effects its growth:
- Be helpful – you have to know the needs and the resources your network can provide in order to be helpful.
- Be present – you are in the game. you need to know network members that are trustworthy and reliable. Likewise, if you’re not there, then they don’t know who you are or if you’re trustworthy or reliable.
- Be social – you are interacting with your network on a regular basis. You are genuinely interested in what’s happening to the members of your network.
- Share the Love – sharing success stories helps to encourage everyone in the community.
- Pay it forward – When everyone gives more than they take, the entire group benefits. People are more likely to share share their time, expertise and other resources, because they know it will be reciprocated.
Hopefully, my colleagues and blog subscribers will see me as a catalyst for Social Network growth.