I just finished reading the book called ProBlogger by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett. I actually heard about the book through Darren’s website http://www.problogger.net
I recently saw Darren in a video commenting on their book. He said the book was a compilation of information blogged about over the years. They took all that information and made it current with more up to date information and fresh insights into blogging.
The book will be very interesting to bloggers or those who would be bloggers. From the beginning through the end of the book they share their life experiences and wisdom regarding blogs and blogging in general.
Some of the many topics discussed:
- The different kinds of blogs
- How to start blogging
- The reasons behind blogging
- How and when to monetize a blog (generate income)
- Issues related to monetizing a blog
- How to increase a blog’s readership / subscribers
- Ethical practices in blogging
- Treating blogs as a commodity (buying and selling)
- Using blogs as a marketing tool
- Lessons to learn from top blogs
Through-out the book they gave many practical and relevant examples that were related to the topic being discussed.
This is definitely a book worth reading a few times. I plan to read this book again, probably around the time I reach my 200th blog. 😉
They also mentioned a few other books that I plan on checking into when I get the chance.
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to improve their blog or are planning on entering the blogosphere.