During the quest for expanding my Social Networking opportunities, I have come across an interesting website called meetup.com This is a meeting place where people from all over the world can meetup with other people with similar interests.
The interesting thing is that this method of networking is an old fashioned idea with a new twist.
- Face-to-face networking
- Meet people with similar interests
- Meet people socially
- Meet people who want to help each other succeed
- Group grows by word of mouth
Okay, so I’ve covered some of the old fashioned networking opportunities about meetup.com. Now let’s talk about what’s new.
- Groups publish their interests and location on the meetup website
- Individual members make their interests known
- Individual members can find a group that publishes their interests and location
- Individual members can see when scheduled meetups are planned
- A Group grows via social networking and word of mouth
- New networking opportunities
- Learning / Educational opportunities
- Entrepreneurial opportunities
- Stronger Social communities are built
Individual membership is free. Groups pay meetup.com for hosting. Usually a group will charge a fee to it’s members to cover the cost of the hosting. Or they will get an organization to sponsor them. Have you become a member? What do you think about this kind of Social Networking?