Every year I make a list of books I plan to read during the year. I pick them either from curiosity or my desire to understand a subject. Last year the main subjects were Social Media, Social Marketing, Networking and Web 2.0. This year I plan to increase my knowledge of Web 2.0 Technology, Web 2.0 applications, and Community building. Of course, I still plan to read books on the subjects of Personal Marketing & Guerilla Marketing.
MrWes’ booklist for 2010
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us by Seth Godin
- Duct Tape Marketing: The World’s Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide by John Stantch
- Enterprise 2.0: New Collaborative Tools for Your Organization’s Toughest Challenges by Andrew McAfee
- Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs (The New Rules of Social Media) by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin
In case you’re wondering whyI chose this list of books. I was recently introduced to Seth Godin through a blog. I read Purple Cow and found his book relevant, entertaining and informative. I’ve heard good things about the Tribes book and the much anticipated Linchpin. I came across the other books either through referrals or watching video blogs. All of the reviews of the published books have been positive.