This past weekend I went on a camping trip to Yosemite. I brought all the essential things that you might need for a weekend of camping and hiking.
Every time I go camping, I bring these things with me:
- First Aid kit – deal with minor wounds.
- Tent – for protection from the elements
- Sleeping bag & sleeping pad – for comfort while sleeping
- Layered clothing – handle temperature extremes from the 30s at night to the warm/hot daytime temperatures.
- Mess kit – eating utensils
- Toiletry kit – cleanup
- Hydration pack – water while hiking
Unfortunately, I didn’t remember everything. I somehow missed the most important camping tool of all; the spoon. You might not realize how much you rely on the simple spoon until you don’t have one on hand.
- Mixing Stirring
I survived the weekend campout using a fork instead of a spoon. Fortunately, for me, the menu was mostly fork friendly.
In the future, I plan to pack the most important camping tool, the spoon.