How do you know you’re going down the right path?
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What is my Life Vision?
- What is my Life Mission?
- Does my Life Mission fulfill my Life Vision?
- What is my Career Vision?
- What is my Career Mission?
- Does my Career Mission fulfill my Career Vision?
If you couldn’t answer these basic questions, stop right now. You need a Life Vision. It tells you who you are and what your values are. You need a Career Vision. It tells you and others what you do. When you have both your Life and Career Visions together you will see where you need to go. Your mission statements will tell you and others how you plan to achieve your Visions.
If you don’t take the time to find out where you are headed and check against where you should be going, then you can’t say if you’re heading down the right or the wrong path?
The Right Path:
- You have a clear Vision
- You have a clear Mission
- You are actively fulfilling your Mission
A Clear Vision:
- You have a Life Vision
- You have a Career Vision
- You Life and Career Visions are aligned and not in conflict with each other
A Clear Mission:
- Your Life Mission strives to fulfill your Life Vision
- Your Career Mission strives to fulfill your Career Vision
- Your planned actions are always headed toward fulfilling your Life and/or Career Visions.
Do yourself a favor, take bearings on where you are. Set your course on where you should be and periodically check yourself against the path you have set. Make minor corrections along the way to ensure your Life & Career Missions become successful.