I’m still on my journey toward becoming a Green Wizard.
I never intended on saying so much about Farm Town, but I am frequently asked by friends on how to do different things on Farm Town, so I figured I would mention a few more tips. For more information about what I’ve shared so far, I have written two blogs about Farm Town, visit Life Lessons in Farm Town and Farm Town Addiction
I have successfully accomplished these things on Farm Town so far:
- expanded my farm out as far as I can
- developed my sense of crop timing
- figured out which crops to grow that give the best bang for the buck
- learned to hire neighbors to harvest and plow for me; when they’re available
- learned a little more about Personal Marketing; go to the Market to see what I mean
- learned how to keep my farm workers even if they’re disconnected
Here are a few tips I haven’t mentioned yet:
- You can hide an individual item that’s in the way of harvesting.
- This can be a building an object or a tree
- Have you ever noticed, some people have a whole orchard packed in a really small space.
- You know there’s a tree to harvest in there somewhere, but can’t get to it.
- Try clicking on the front tree, then click hide menu
- Repeat this process until you’ve gone through the trees. I have found many unharvested trees this way.
- When you hire someone from the market
- add them as a buddy before they get disconnected
- click on their icon, then select add buddy, once they accept you as a buddy, you can find them in the buddy list just to the right of your neighbor list.
- if your farm worker gets disconnected you can
- Attempt to reconnect with them by sending a message, the green man at the bottom of the message allows you to visit the farm of the person who sent the message
- Visit the farm of the buddy by clicking on the green man of the person in your buddy list you just added
- if this person, works out, you can keep them as a buddy and hire them in future harvests.
Here are some other tips from a FarmTownBlog that might help: