Last week I was so caught up in iPhone development that I didn’t watch any of my favorite podcasts on TiVo. This week I finally got caught up with some of them only to find out that one of my shows GeekBrief.TV had been cancelled. I have been watching Cali Lewis for a couple of years now and was sad to see the end of the show. To see the history behind Geek Brief TV visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeekBrief.TV
After a little digging, I discovered that Cali has joined Revision 3 with a new show called GeekBeat.TV.
I wanted to start following the new show. The only problem was Video on Demand didn’t have the show in the lineup. The good news is I have a TiVo HD. TiVo HD has the ability to subscribe to RSS video feeds. All I had to do was manually setup an RSS feed for my show. Here is how I did it.
Setting up an RSS feed in TiVo:
- Go to Video on Demand Menu
- Select Free VOD and Web Videos
- Scroll down to the very end of the categories where you will find Custom RSS Feeds
- Select Custom RSS Feeds
- Select Add a new RSS Feed
- Enter the RSS URL
- Select Done entering URL
That’s it. If it’s a valid Video RSS then TiVo will take care of the rest.
Video RSS feeds I’ve already setup:
- Daily App Show for iPad – http://feeds.feedburner.com/Dailyappshow-IpadEdition-AppDemos
- Geek Beat TV – http://revision3.com/geekbeattv/feed/MP4-High-Definition